Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dating...A Lost Art

"Oh, we're dating."
Oh, so you're together?
NO. No, we are dating. Less pressure. Some try to call it talking. I call out many people on their form of "talking," which is actually texting. But anyway, dating looks like something that is losing color....almost as if it's a step that's skipped over thanks to our fast paced lifestyles, which is a shame because it's actually awesome.  Considered old fashioned even (which makes it that much more appealing to me, honestly).

The glorious dating period comes before FBO. It's where you build the friendship with the fella, and see how you get along together. This allows you to get a real grasp on who he is, what he's like, and what he believes.   Not to mention how he reacts to certain things..(ahem* like temper tantrums. Not cute).

Sadly, a lot of the time my guy and girl friends use the boyfriend-girlfriend exclusive stamp right off the bat. Sure, they get to know each other, while making relationship ties...driving them deeper and deeper into the honeymoon stage that is the beginning of a relationship.  Basically, everyone's on their very best behavior.  Then...all of a sudden, the true colors emerge.   If this ends badly, your fast paced trek to marriage is quickly interrupted by the baggage claim.  You get to claim yours, and his. And he, yours. 

I want you to see that dating is the best. You avoid that noisy mess I just mentioned. You get to focus on bettering yourself for when the right one does come along, and it keeps your mind clearer. (Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose ;)) None of this ~crazy girls unleashed~ madness breaks out, and it will help you keep friendships over creating enemies. 

To make dating work, you have to know what it is you're looking for, or else you fall for the wrong ones and end up with the jerks. There are so many too. The most. 

My Look For List is like this (similar to my Southern Gent...see a pattern here?):

1. Believes in God (similar to my beliefs)
2. Loves Family
3. Has a plan (career wise, looks to prepare for the future)
4. Leads
5. No short fuse (not easily upset or angered)
6. Heart-He's got to have the best heart. 
7. Not too serious. I need jokes! Mine are awful.
8. Passion for living life (a let's go on adventures type deal)
9. and I want to feel safe around them. With this I mean with my heart, myself, family and all. He protects you from regret
10. HOBBIES-when you're entering the working world, these things become very important. They keep you from having a redundant lifestyle. 

I date to marry. Plain and simple. I'm not about being practiced on (been told I respect myself too much, to which I say, "thank you"). Otherwise I'm wasting my time, and time is fleeting. We have less of it than we realize. 

With that said, pray for a prince charming. There are great guys praying for someone like you, too :) Here's some fun ideas, too for when you're planning to go out and about! 
77 Super Fun Dating Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, concerns?