Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Young Volcanoes

Well. You ever have one of those weekends where it reaches Monday and you just sort of can't believe what happened? It is finally over and you're sitting there in retrospect, probably in your car, and the shock is just beginning to wear off.



I haven't exactly stopped to consider the situation much in the effect it had on myself as I've been concerning myself with the effect it had on the others involved.  Selfless to a fault, I'm told. 
It was going to be a great weekend, a gathering of old friends like old times, but life got in the way and was clearly too much to bare for a couple of the folks involved.
 
One of those nights when you know things won't be quite the same. One of those nights which leaves you thinking it was never this bad before. One of those nights that could ruin everything if ignored. One of those nights that scattered the eggshells. One of those nights which makes you wonder how did we end up here?

I can tell you exactly how. It was a summation of several factors-all independent but affecting everyone just the same. It was Buck's history with girls,  Rager's temper from his family history, a dash of alcohol for emotion...ahem shots on shots on shots, a rough patch with the Rager's girlfriend that branched from prior trust issues, and miscommunications.  Classic conditions for an explosion.

My nightmares the last three nights showed me how I'm so unsettled by it all. I need answers and have learned from growing up that you cannot sweep things like this under the rug. And sometimes it's better to wait it out, sure, but that may not be the case with this one. 

Rager and Buck got into a huge fight, provoked by Rager on empty allegations after Buck checked on Girl in the bathroom and said,"She's all yours" so...under ragers assumption, though, it was a fight over the girl. Rager ran away bloody and bruised Buck got his jeep stuck on the beach in the pursuit to bring Rager back.  Or bury him...who actually knows. We got the other jeep stuck in attempt to retrieve jeep number one. So by the end of the night, we have a missing drunk with keys, two stuck jeeps that made room in the driveway for Rager's truck to escape, and so much emotion unturned. Unsettled dust everywhere. SUCH A MESS. I learned way more than anyone would ever want to share about themselves that night and I haven't even processed all of it yet enough to be remotely helpful but, life goes on. And things are growing worse as they are unaddressed.

Did I mention I hate the waiting game. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, concerns?